The late Father Nicholas Gruner-who spent his life devoted to promoting the message of Our Lady of Fatima for the Fatima Center-gave some very important insight in this video he did in 2014 regarding Russian President Vladimir Putin. In this video Father is asked a question wherein the person asking the question states that President Vladimir Putin seems to be well disposed to religion and seems to be promoting morality and how does this relate to the consecration of Russia. In the following sections Father makes some very interesting points in response:
1. Between 0:45-1:00: Father indicates unequivocally that Russia is not converted and is not converted to the true Faith BUT there are signs of the preparation of Our Lady and that things are moving there.
2. Between 1:00-1:07: Father indicates that we won't have the conversion of Russia without the consecration of Russia which hasn't taken place as Our Lady specified. [Some other Catholics disagree with this position that the consecration hasn't taken place but that is a topic for another time].
3. Between 2:10-3:00: Father indicates that Russia is being prepared for this conversion. He describes how when Mexico was converted to the true Faith they had this story in their culture that there would come people wearing a cross around their neck and they would come from the sea and bring the true religion so that when the Spanish came with the cross the native Mexicans recognized it. So all this was a preparation for their conversion. Therefore, President Putin's seemingly good disposition to religion and promoting morality is a preparation for the eventual conversion of Russia to the true Faith.
4. Between 3:00-4:05: Father describes how Putin is saying very Christian things and he maybe the leading Christian spokesman in the world and Putin may be the only such person in the world today! Putin is saying and also doing Christian things like outlawing propaganda in favor of sodomy, he has outlawed abortions after the twelfth week (which is not as good as completely outlawing it but a big improvement from before). Father does indicate that Putin is not perfect and there are some things he has done that are not Christian. So those individuals who would jump on Father's comments with statements like "but Putin did this evil thing.." or "Putin did that evil..." need to consider Father's comments more closely.
5. Between 5:15-7:40: Father indicates that Putin is castigating the west for losing their Christian roots and Father believed Putin has hit the nail on the head in these comments. Father acknowledges that what Putin and the Russians are doing in Russia could be a tilling of the ground to make the spiritual ground fertile to accept the true Faith. Father also praises Putin's outlawing of blasphemy.
6. Between 7:40-8:00: Father is answering the objection that some will say that Putin is just saying things by answering that Putin is not just saying but also doing by backing up his rhetoric with laws and action.